Monday, December 7, 2015

Ice Skating and other Adventures (In no particular order. . .)

Back in July, Erik volunteered to help with the NYC Tree Census. As a result, he was invited to bring his family to an ice skating party at Wollman Rink in Central Park. We got three hours of free ice skating, along with free hot chocolate and pretzels!

We had a blast--Ginny and Ezra were especially enthusiastic about it. Isaac went around the rink three times, and decided that was more than enough. So we took turns skating with Ginny and Ezra, and relaxing with Isaac.

After the skating, we walked down 5th Avenue and looked at the window displays. It was a perfect family night!










Every once in a while, the boys play so nicely together, so I have to document it. Usually this ends in a war over legos or someone knocking something down, but that night they were just so happy building and playing together. I hope we see more of this!

Our bishopric spoke in Sacrament Meeting last week about gratitude. Our bishop encouraged everyone to write a letter to someone they are thankful for. Ginny took the advice to heart, and wrote one to the bishop. I thought it was so cute that I snapped a picture before she gave it to him. Enjoy!



A few weeks ago, we enjoyed a nice fall morning in Central Park. I love the fall out here. There are so many beautiful trees, and the park is gorgeous. The kids had a great time climbing on all the big rocks!



Isaac did a "joyschool" type preschool this fall, and one of his classmates has a dad who is a firefighter. He was kind enough to bring his crew and his firetruck to preschool one day! The kids thought it was really cool, but Isaac didn't actually want to get inside. I had to stand next to him to even get him on the step. I guess it's a little intimidating close up!


We spent our Thanksgiving day and Friday in Pennsylvania with my cousin Kaylyn and her family. We had a great time! The kids had a blast playing at the park, eating the delicious food, and enjoying a nice evening by the fire! It was 60 degrees on Thanksgiving weekend, so we got to enjoy some great outdoor fun!


On Friday, the Cummings took us to Longwood Gardens, which was beautiful and so fun. They had everything decorated for Christmas which was a great way to start off the season. Here are the kids hanging out at the outdoor children's garden. It was a beautiful place, and we are so glad we got to go!



1 comments:

Robyn said...

So fun! I love Ginny's cute card!