Monday, March 14, 2016

Funny

Isaac was being grumpy during sharing time yesterday. His primary teacher leaned over and asked him if he was feeling tired. He said in a very loud voice: "I am NOT tired. I am HUNGRY. That is all!" Guess I better bring him a snack in the future. . . 


Isaac bore his testimony during family night tonight. "I'm going to bare my testimony about Jesus and Joseph. Jesus and Joseph were walking and they saw a crocodile. It was a scary crocodile." (He covers his mouth with his blanket, for emphasis, and goes on to tell us how they were rescued by a combination of Super Why, Batman, and Team Umizoomi.)

Before family night tonight, Erik asked Ezra how his day went. Ezra said: "Today was the worst day ever. My teacher was so bossy it made my head explode!" He used his hands to demonstrate his head exploding. I really wish I'd had a camera on him. (Our kids are nothing, if not dramatic.)

This morning, Isaac told me he was going to his friend wizard's house to bake a cake. Then he said "We are going to bake four cakes! A Superman cake! A Batman cake! An Isaac cake! And a Super Why cake!" I'm glad he sees himself in the company of superheroes. :)

We have temporarily taken in a little girl from our ward whose mother is in the hospital. When we picked her up from her after-school program today so we could take her to visit her mom, we had to go through the security guard. He radioed for her teacher to bring her up, and while we were waiting, he was chatting with the kids:
Guard: So, do you like school?
Ginny: Yes!
Ezra: Yes, except my teacher is so BOSSY!
(Do you see a theme here? I hope he at least doesn't call her bossy to her face. He calls me bossy to my face all the time, and I tell him it's my job to be bossy. The other day he said "Mom, is it my teacher's job to be bossy?" Yep. Sorry, kiddo. Deal with it.)

Ginny told me the other day that she wants to be a famous singer, a famous artist, and maybe an art teacher when she grows up. She said "I have to practice a lot more, though. Uncle Mike is still a better artist than me."





0 comments: